- Posted by:
- Category: Uncategorized
For those who are going on holiday to Turkey We have gathered a number of useful words and phrases.
About the Turkish language
With a lot of courage and a little perseverance, you will be able to say a few words and phrases in Turkish, during your holiday in Turkey. They are not obvious because the letters of the Turkish alphabet are very different from the Latin alphabet. In Turkey, the alphabet has 29 letters. If you are already in Turkey, you may find someone willing to say words once. That way you immediately contact your Turkish fellow holidaymaker or host. Turks are generally very friendly and welcoming. And they will appreciate that you are struggling!
Turkey vacation: Words and phrases you can use
We limit ourselves to the base of the base. We show you how you can greet the other and how you can ask if this person speaks English. But also how you can imagine yourself and how you can thank the other. What is not to be missed is the farewell, because of course you don’t want to pay too much. Especially in the Turkish markets it is a good idea to do this so that you can fill your suitcase cheaply with souvenirs.
- Good Day/Good evening = Merhaba/Iyi akşamlar
- How are you? = Nasılsınız?
- Very good, thanks, and you? = Iyiyim, pronounce Ederim, ya siz?
- Do you speak English? = Ingilizce Konuşuyor musunuz?
- I understand it = Anlıyorum
- See you soon = Hoşçakalın
- Welcome = Hoş Geldiniz
- Thanks (much) = Teşekkür Teşekkür
- Pardon/Please = Bakar Mısınız/lütfen
- My name is… = Benim Adım….
- No Thanks = Hayır pronounce Teşekkür
- Yes/no = Evet/Hayır
- Please = Bir Şey değil
- How many? = Kadar not?
- It’s very cheap = Ucuz
- It’s too expensive! = Bu Çok Pahalı!
- Can you lower the price? = Indirim Yap-ıyor mu-sunuz?
Don’t be put off when it fails the first time. Don’t you see it sitting? And don’t you want stress during your holiday in Turkey? Then throw it on English;). And don’t forget your visa !